Friday, March 21, 2008

5 Things About Me

I was tagged by Kat - that Crazy Mama (yup, JJ Cale was singing about her!) of Katerpillars No More and Sherrie - Symple Times to name
5 revealing things about me - now, if you know me at all, I'm sure most of these things won't come as much of a shocking revelation but here goes:
1. I'm pathetically incessantly LATE - my life is spent playing Beat the Clock and as I get older, it gets WORSE!
2. My brothers picked on me constantly growing up - don't they look so sympathetic in the photo? Seriously- I knew they loved me, but I think they woke up every morning just to torment me! My greatest "equalizer tool"? It was: "daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad - the boys are picking on me again!" I have to say, it made me tough and I grew up always defending the underdog.
3. I was very inquisitive as a youngun and once when I was around 3, I found a caterpillar and didn't know what it was - so I picked it up and bit it in half! UGH... I have never forgotten that whole experience!
4. I'm addicted to movies and can lose myself in a good flick very easily. I fully understand why folks flocked to them during the depression - just to escape the harsh realities of the times.
5. I'm scared of the dark and growing up, would NEVER walk right up to the edge of my bed because I just knew the monster underneath would reach out and pull me under. I would get a running start and leap about 5 feet out so no one could touch me. Michael Jordan had nuttin' on me when I was a youngun!

Ok, thats my 5 - I'll have to tag 5 other good folk when I have a bit more time but today is my hubs 51st birthday and he has been hollaring at me to "git off that computer so we can go riding!"

See ya in the funny papers!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your Hubby !!! Great facts !! and hey Happy Ester to you too !!! Hugs, Mica

kat449 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr. Cookie!!!!! Happy Easter!!!!
Happy Saturday!!!
Thank you Cookie for participating. I cant get enough when it comes to learnin about all the wacky woman in my life! I love ya all so much.
However...biting the Katerpillar????ewweeewww "sqawishy". we need to sign you up on Survivor and win us lots of moola! enjoy the weekend, the celebrations but especially enjoy the "RIDE" be safe darlin...hugs, Kat

Doreen Frost said...

I must say your brothers do not look the least bit worried about the fact that you are crying in this photo...as a matter of fact..they look rather annoyed.

Wish your husband a Happy Birthday for me.

Happy Easter, enjoy the day.

Hugs,
Doreen

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Tell your ol' ball and chain the Goober from New York wishes him a happy birthday!
Did ya at least dip that caterpillar in some ketchup before took a bite? :> )
Happy Easter Goob, have a blessed day today.
~Peanut

vivian said...

hi! found ya here while blog hopping today! I found you through the sweet Mica! got a great kick out of your biting the catapillar in half.. First i got such a good little laugh I had to tell my husband what I laughed at, but then when I repeated to him I got really grossed out!! ewww! and I also got a kick out of the jumping into bed thing.... Me too.. I was terrified! anyways.. nice to meet you! stop and visit me sometime..
hugs
vivian

Suzanne said...

Happy Belated B-Day to your hubby....hope you had fun on your ride! I'm still trying to get over the biting of the caterpillar....eeewwww!