Monday, October 13, 2008

5 Minutes away from Heaven


ok, not really Heaven....
but from the looks of the pictures someone took and shared, it's purdy dang close to it! :)







5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug


Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

So you may ask yourself.... why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

8 comments:

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

I think these would make nice little gifts for the holidays. Make the mix up and give along with a nice mug.Thanks for sharing.~~Pam

Cookie said...

LooHoo, you're a freakin' genius! I think it would be an awesome gift to give my co-workers this year. Thanks for the insight... I'm gonna do it ♥

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to try this... like tonight.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Cookie, mmmmm those sure look yummy!! Sweet Treats from you, go figure... Hugs, MO

Tina said...

Oh, I'd love a cup O cake please! Looks yummy and I love the new dollie in the earlier post. You are such a talent.
t

Patti said...

I'm afraid to try it! Afraid I won't be able to stop!

Great idea Goldieloo!!!

Blessings, Patti

Trudy Honeycutt ~ Folk Artist said...

Oh my oh my!! Just what we all need!!! Thanks for sharing this great sweet treat, Cookie!! Hugs, Trudy

Shelly Campbell said...

Hmmm...wattage too high on my microwave. Turned out a little tough. I will sacrifice and keep trying until I get it right. Of course I will still eat the "less than perfect" results. lol