Tuesday, September 23, 2008

♥ 2 VERY ENTHUSIASTIC THUMBS UP! ♥


We are leaving town tomorrow morning for an extended weekend trip to Arkansas for the Bikes, Blues and BBQ motorcycle rally, so I really didn't have time to sit down and watch a movie with all of the "to do's" on my list.

But I have to say, I'm so very glad I took the time - because I watched the most wonderful movie and whole-heartedly recommend it for anyone of any age!

It's called Young@Heart and is a documentary about a group of folks from Northampton, MA, who perform songs we all know and love. But these aren't just a group of punk roust-abouts trying to earn a living playing grunge in the garage and I assure you, this documentary is FAR from long and boring!

These tenderhearted folk LOVE and ADORE what they are doing - and what makes them so very endearing is the fact that this group that gathers together 3 times a week without fail to learn new songs by the likes of the Clash, Sonic Youth and the Ramones (and YES, even my JIMI!!) are composed of 22 senior citizens whose average age is 80.

I hold a high reverence for my seasoned friends and family - they have so much wisdom and insight, and I can think of nothing I would love more than to be the road manager for this group of lovely folk who are so full of life and love!

I urge you to take 2 hours out of your busy schedule to indulge in the delights of this cinematic endeavor. It will have you laughing, crying and singing along!!

1 comment:

Briar Rabbit Primitives said...

Oh Cookie! I saw this group perform on a day time show (Ellen maybe?) a few months back. I LOVE Them! I want to try out for their group when I get to be a Senior. They really know how to Rock the House! LOL! I especially loved their version of "I Feel Good"...Awesome! Hugs, Starla :)