Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's a Sad Day for All of Us


I grew up listening to Paul Harvey and his bits of wisdom that he would share each afternoon as we sat in the car at lunchtime or drove home from school or work.

He was an American Icon that you never gave much attention to - you usually wouldn't find yourself talking about him around the water cooler - but his wonderful little daily quips would always leave you feeling good and trusting the world to be a better place because of the news he just shared with you.

So it's with a heavy heart that I bid farewell to a wonderful man who brought integrity and truth and honesty, along with a smile in my daily boring grind.

I can honestly say that my day was just not complete without hearing on the radio:
"Paul Harvey. [long pause] Good day!"

No comments: