Monday, July 21, 2008

Shhh... Don't wake the Baby!

I received an email couple of days ago and thought it was so sweet, I had to share it. I would love to claim it for my own, but alas....

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard; I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.

He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head; he then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'

The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar: 'He lives in a home with 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I please come with him tomorrow?'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous new friend you have. I love the story. What a great idea posting a note to his collar and in return recieving one. I'd have to say he's wuite a smart dog to find peace in your home but yet to return to his loving family. Many Thanks for sharing!
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Cute story !! I enjoyed that !!
Diane

Suzanne said...

What a cute story....hmmmm?? never thought of leaving my own house to take a nap at the neighbors. He may be on to somethin'!

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Luv this story !Thanks for sharing.Thats a good idea, now to find a neighbors house to nap at. :)

Daizy Donna said...

Oh MY Goodness :) What a cute story, That taps at my heart :) AWWWWW

Carol Roll said...

HaaaaHaaaaHaaaa! Cookie you IMP! Bet everyone wishes they had a lil furry blanket like that! Great story!