Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Trip to Brookside

I get set in my ways sometimes and don't venture too far out of the box, but yesterday (at the promptings of a very cool co-worker who is always doing fun and exciting things with her girlfriends or grandkids), I took a trip to Brookside in Kansas City with a couple of friends.




Brookside is Kansas City's first suburban shopping area. It's a very hip hub of beautiful homes, unique shops, trendy restaurants, and cultural attractions and just an exciting and fun place to hang out on a gorgeous Saturday afternoon!

The shops are jam-packed with people dipping in and out of shops filled with beautiful art from local artisans - although I wasn't able to take many photos, I wanted to share a few of the ones I was able to take.




There is much talent and some amazing restaurants in this quaint area of the city. We ate at a place called Avenues Bistro and raved the entire time we were there. It was truly amazing and delicious.

Some of my friends know a little secret about it... call it a hidden delight or whatever you will, but I have a thing for awesome and unusual restrooms ... check out this one at the last stop on our day trip - in a local coffeeshop!












After surviving what has felt like a century of snow and 0° temperatures, we 3 girls had a ball together- walking the streets, browsing through the shops and soaking up the delicious sun.

I, for one, am going back soon - and from the feedback I heard yesterday, I don't think I will be alone.

1 comment:

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Wow Cookie looks like a fun day to me. Love the art work. The paintings on the chairs were too cool and so love the Love Stinks Tee. Hugs~~Pam