Friday, April 23, 2010

Crazy about Crazy Heart



Jeff Bridges has had a film career that most actors only dream of.

From some of my favorite roles in movies such as the Last Picture Show, Against all Odds, The Iceman Cometh, Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, The Fabulous Baker Boys, Starman, Tucker, White Squall, Fearless and one his all time best: The Big Lebowski, Jeff Bridges has never disappointed.

But I think his role in Crazy Heart is the stuff every actor must dream of getting - because this is the motherlode! He was totally mesmerizing in this role and kept me in a trance from the opening scene till the credits started rolling. I didn’t want the movie to end and to say I loved this film is an understatement.

Yes, I adored him with his braided ponytail as Bill Django in Men who Stare at Goats but I must say… Jeff Bridges has done it again in an even bigger badder way – and it would have been a total injustice had you NOT won Best Actor at the Oscars this year!

I salute you, Jeff (Bad Otis Blake) Bridges– you’re my hero to the very end.

1 comment:

Carol Roll said...

Cookie rarely do movies move me and I hate to spend the $ on a disapointment, this one sounds like it really impressed you. Will definitely have to check it out.