Friday, September 4, 2009

Bearly Smokin'





I recently reconnected with a long lost friend and we are meeting for dinner and a fun evening tomorrow night - this couple used to be in the Kansas City BBQ Society competitions with us and we used to have so much fun together. We would always request to be set up side by side and although the competition was strong and swift, it never came between our friendships when one of us placed higher than the other team.

I dug up some pictures of our times in the bbq circuit. Here in Kansas City, this is serious stuff with family secrets guarded by blood oaths. Our team was called Bearly Smokin' and it consisted of my dad, my hubs and myself.

Every weekend we were competing somewhere in the area and I dont know how I ever kept a figure with all that delicious bbq!

It sure was fun tho, and looking back now after my dad has passed away, they are such fond memories of weekends spent doing what we loved doing together.

(check out my mullet - billy ray would be so proud of me! hahaha)

3 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Well look at you....LOVE the photos!!

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Awwww man Goob! I'm really diggin' that do of yours!
You were just as adorable back then as you are now!! :> )
What great photos!
~Peanut

Dogpatch Primitives said...

you're such a doll Cookie, then...and now!