Friday, February 6, 2009

Dear God...

I used to teach Sunday School for years and during that time I taught pre-schoolers, 2nd &3rd graders and 5th & 6th graders. I love kids and the way their minds work, so I can imagine how the email that I received yesterday could have been started by a Sunday School teacher, asking her class to write a letter to God - telling them to write down whatever is on their heart.

Each letter was precious, but I wanted to share a few of my faves...
And my personal favorite:


I leave you with this:

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle, but you shall be the miracle."

--Phillips Brooks

6 comments:

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

Oh Cookie what a precious picture and those letters are adorable!

Hugs
kelly

angiesraggedypatch said...

This is awesome,fellow North Missourian :)
I love the way a childs mind works!
When my youngest was little and we would say her prayers at night she would say"Dear God" and sit nad wait and then say "Mom, we better try again, cause hes not answering"

loved this!
hugs~
angie

Unknown said...

How funny!!!...thanks for sharing them with us!

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

I think my favorite is the one about the baby brother and the puppy...lol

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

These are great Goob! Elliott's is my favorite. :> )
~Peanut

Dogpatch Primitives said...

oh, I LOVE them all, but the one from Jane really touched my heart.

Thanks for sharing, this was a joy to read :)